Tuesday, January 3, 2012

DSHS SECRETS (and Department of Early Learning Secrets) - Jesse Hunt 1994 - Washington State

Amazon.com: DSHS SECRETS - JESSE HUNT 1994 eBook: Margo Logan, Delle Jacobs, Michelle Hunt: Kindle Store

My book went up on Amazon.com on New Year's Eve. It is a memoir/anthology. It is about my journey into DSHS as a child protective social worker and then as a family home child day care licensor my journey out of the agency when I went public with what I had witnessed. My book is a conversation with the parents and citizens of my home state, Washington.
As a consultant and expert witness these days, my book has national appeal as the dynamics and characteristics of day care licensing in Washington State are similar across this great nation of ours.

When we, the people know the secrets; and government bureaucratic managers can no longer hide with they do and in the case of day care licensing what they did not do, then government goes back to the original intent of the United States Constitution and becomes once again subordinate to we, the people.

You can download a sample for free. The e-book is only 99 cents. My intent is that millions of folks from all around the world will see my book cover, which is the darling face of seven month old Jesse Hunt who because of DSHS' failings in child day care licensing died before his life began.

So please click on the link above to see his sweet adorable face. Jesse's mom wrote a review of my book and that is included in the free sample download.

From looking at my blog statistics I know folks are most interested in the secrets that government hides; those articles on my blog get the most pageviews. In addition, for five years I have taught classes and I saw people were hungry and thirsty for truth telling on why children die under the care of the government. Sometimes when people's mouths hang open in class, I say, "I should write a book, huh?" "YES!", they would chorus!

This is that book.
Jesse died January 14, 1994. Jesse's death and meeting his mom began my journey inside the agency to try to figure out the why, why children died and/or were maimed from having been in licensed day care. Two year old Hailee Rhodes maiming in 2004 was my critical mass moment to go public.
These two children and others I mention in my book are the reason I started my blog to get out information to parents that the government was hiding from them.
When I wrote the memoir part of my book two authors kept popping up in my head. Carrie Fisher, who wrote in Wishful Drinking, "If this wasn't funny it would just be true." and Dave Barry who writes often, "I'm not making this up."

Thank you to all of you who take a moment out of your busy day to read my words.

No comments: