Friday, April 3, 2015

How do Child Day Care Staff Evaluate Margo Logan's Teaching on Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse?

In uncluttering and organizing my paperwork I ran across comments made by class participants in the class I teach (for the last seven years) on recognizing and reporting child abuse; and thought my reading public might be interested to know what child day care staff think of me in the way and in the manner I gift my knowledge and expertise to them; how I respect them.  I've been uplifted by the many great hearted people I have met through teaching my class. They show me folks are hungry and thirsty for truth telling and are gratified to learn that their intuition and knowledge is high class. 

When I worked inside DSHS the managers told us that day care providers were dumb so dumb we really needed to have materials written at a fourth grade level for them.  I've met many educated, well read folks coming through my class.  In fact every class we each share a recommendation for a book or a film for each other to perhaps read or see.  There, indeed, are many high class individuals who come through my class.



Comments from Margo Logan’s evaluation cards in teaching
Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse from 2010 – 2011, then some from 2015

1.      “Margo was incredibly knowledgeable and had refreshing and solid perspective on preventing child abuse.”
2.      “Good info! Personal stories were effective.”
3.      “I was grateful for the instructor’s accurate information and experience; the content was very interesting and helpful.”
4.      “She was very knowledgeable and made the course interesting and kept everyone’s attention.”
5.      “I thought Margo was very knowledgeable on the subject matter. Her experience is applied and communicated in a very helpful and informative manner. I feel very fortunate to have had this opportunity to meet and learn from such a compassionate and committed individual. Thanks for all your hard work Margo.”
6.      “Very easy to listen to, kept my attention. Real stories she told were helpful and interesting.”
7.      “This is the first abuse class I have ever attended. It was very helpful for me to know how to handle these situations the right way.  Thank you.”
8.      “Great training course; good use of materials and recommendations such as tools and reading materials.”
9.      “Informational and well led.”
10.  “I was very impressed with the knowledge and experience (especially experience) of the instructor.”
11.  “I’m from Japan. We don’t have lots of opportunity to get “don’t tell, don’t ask” kind of issue or information in the small community except big city. I’m really glad to join this class. Class is worth more than $10.00.”
12.  “The stories were very helpful; experience rather than memorizing.”
13.  “Very great, interesting and engaging.”
14.  “Great discussions.”
15.  “Excellent presentation.”
16.  “Love Margo as an instructor.”
17.  “Instructor was well organized and informed.”
18.  “I think the class was very educational and kept my attention well.”
19.  “Great class, amazing stories, more stories needed.”
20.  “Opened my eyes! Very helpful!”
21.  “Very informative. It made me think about how every interaction good or bad with a child can have life long effects.”
22.  “I was quite ignorant before, sobering. Very good to know.”
23.  “I am glad I got the list of books and movies. Thanks!”
24.  “Really informational, makes you think.”
25.  “I learned a lot and now know what I should look for, different scenarios and how I should treat those scenarios.”
26.  “Margo was very informative. She seems to have done her own research which always brings me to a level of confidence and the desire to educate.”
27.  “Very informative even learned something new; statistics, etc.”
28.  “I have been inspired to do more advocate work for abused children. Very informative.  Thank you!”
29.  “You are so good and help me so much. Thanks!”
30.  “A very excellent and clear instructor by Margo’s many years of experience. I am happy to see her, the instructor again…every retaking my classes.”
31.  “Enjoyed Margot!”
32.  “Wonderful class, great lady.”
33.  “Interesting class, stories make it fun!”
34.  “Margo was super pleasant and informative without pushing an agenda. Thank you for not making this totally miserable!”
35.  “Thank you. This is a difficult topic and you did a good job!”
36.  “The instructor was knowledgeable, kind and passionate; very supportive and very insightful.”
37.  “Margo was interesting, relevant and concise as great as this course can be!”
38.  “I was really interested in everything Margo said.  Thank you.”
39.  “A good class dealing with a difficult subject matter is always hard, but the instructor made it easier to handle by keeping things interesting and not too harsh.”
40.  “Lots of good stories, relevant and heartfelt.”
41.  “Great class, lots of good information on reporting and observing child abuse.”
42.  “Very informative and kept our interest.”
43.  “Very well taught. Keep on Keepin’ on!”
44.  “The class was very informative and Margo made sure we felt comfortable with an uncomfortable subject.”
45.  “It was a great course!”
46.  “Would love to take your reading/writing history origins course!”
47.  “Well prepared.”
48.  “Kept my interest. Never bored. Well done.”
49.  “Margo did an awesome job teaching this class! I was engaged and she shared many personal stories which were very impactful. The location was a little hard to find. Overall it was a great class!”
50.  “Comfortable, easy to engage in dialogue; activities to break up sitting and listening, thank you.”
51.  “Margo was great. I love her attitude towards helping children; her ability to go above and beyond.
52.  “This class was amazingly eye opening. I never knew most of the information given.”
53.  “I found this course extremely valuable. Thank you.”


1 comment:

Jennings said...

Very Informative.Keep up the good work,Keep updating.
Montessori Programs in Bangalore